The CBI is urging all political parties to commit to increasing supply.
Among the measures it’s calling for are:
- The development of ten new towns and garden cities by 2025
- Doubling the number of new homes currently built to 240,000 a year
- Reforming Stamp Duty
- Other potential areas for action by the next government include:
- Giving local authorities more power to release low quality green belt land
- Spending more on capital support for new homes by redressing the balance with housing benefits
- Introducing fiscal incentives to help older people looking to downsize, or families wanting to extend homes.
Source and Disclaimer link